Have you been missing visiting EFT in person since lockdown?
We're now set up for you to come and visit the shop in person again!
Join us now for a unique 121 personal shopping experience! This means that you will get one of our wonderful staff members all to yourself for up to 50 minutes, taking you through our all our stock and helping you choose from our yarns, fibres or accessories. Whether you have a particular project in mind, or are just looking for anything that that takes your fancy, we are sure to be able to help. There may even be a few treats!
We have purchased lots of wonderful new stock since we were forced to close in March. We have entire new ranges from Noro, Juniper Moon Farms and Ella Rae, brand new hand dyed yarn and fibre from Abercairn Yarns, as well as wonderful things from our other 24 UK and Irish indie dyers and so much more!
We have introduced a £5 booking fee for all 121 appointments. This is because the shop is no longer routinely staffed, and so we need to ensure that one of our staff members is available, ready and waiting for when you arrive.
During your visit, your booking fee will be deducted from your spend either in part or in full.
- For a bill total during your visit of £5 or under, you will pay nothing on the day but will not receive your full booking fee back.
- For a purchase total during your visit of of £5.01 and above, your £5 booking fee will be deducted in full and you will only pay the difference.
Due to the pandemic we do have a few rules for these sessions, so by booking your appointment you agree to abide by these rules:
- Your appointment is for 1 person only. Due to the shape of our shop, we are unable to have more than one customer in the shop at a time. If you require a carer then this can be adjusted, please get in contact to let us know in advance.
- Masks must be worn upon entering the shop and for your entire visit. If you are unable to wear a mask due to medical reasons, please bring your lanyard.
- You will be required to sanitise your hands upon entering the shop.
- You must maintain the 2 metre distancing guidelines as regulated in Wales.
- Due to stock contamination, we will encourage you to only touch stock when you are ready to purchase it. We know this is a disappointment as half of the fun of visiting a wool shop is 'squishing' the yarns and fibres, but sadly we cannot quarantine our stock between customers and so this is to keep you safe as well as others.
- Payments will need to be made by card only. We are unable to accept cash payments until further notice.
- Visits are limited to 50 minutes from the time of your appointment. This is so that you have time to leave safely before the next customer arrives and to allow us time to reset and to clean if required.
We are very sorry but due to contamination and distancing issues:
- We are unable to provide refreshments at this time - the kettle is usually always on! It just isn't safe for us to do so at the current time.
- We are unable to allow you to use our toilet facilities at this time.
- We are unable to help you fix your projects. We know that this is a really important service, and we would encourage you to join in our Facebook or Zoom groups if you require this assistance so that we can help you remotely.
- We are unable to provide tuition or to allow you to use the spinning wheels or looms in the shop at this time.
That's it! Other than that, come in, enjoy all the woolly goodness, and we'll do our best to give you a wonderfully enjoyable visit!